SCHEDULE II [Rule 3 (3)] RULES OF BUSINESS 1973
(As amended up to 25th October, 2016)
HUMAN RIGHTS DIVISION
- Review of human rights situation in the country including implementation of laws, policies and measures.
- Coordination of activities of Ministries, Divisions and Provincial Governments in respect of human rights.
- Initiatives for harmonization of legislation, regulations and practices with the international human rights covenants and agreements to which Pakistan is a party and monitoring their implementation.
- Obtaining information, documents and reports, on complaints and allegations of human rights violations, from Ministries, Divisions, Provincial Governments and other agencies.
- Refer and recommend investigations and inquiries in respect of any incident of violation of human rights.
- Pursuing or defending issues, complaints, representations and matters for and against Pakistan relating to human rights before any official or non- Governmental organizations, body or forum in Pakistan and, in consultation with Foreign Affairs Division, before any international organization and foreign Government or non-Governmental organization.
- Representation of Pakistan in international bodies, organizations and conferences relating to human rights in consultation and conjunction with Foreign Affairs Division.
- Developing and conducting information programmes to foster public awareness of human rights, laws and remedies available against the abuse of human rights.
- Formulating programmes for teaching of human rights at educational institutions.
- Provision of facilities for professional and technical training at national and international level relating to human rights issues.
- Administrative control of the Tribunal for disadvantaged persons.
- Human rights NGOs
- Representing Pakistan at international and bilateral level, involving all gender related matters;
- National Commission for Women